There may be a link between irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and overactive bladder. This condition is also called irritable colon or spastic colon. People with IBS may experience abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea. Those with bladder control problems have a greater likelihood of developing IBS than healthy people.
- Q How do hormones affect overactive bladder in women?
- Q Why are some children at risk for a overactive bladder?
- Q Does drinking alcohol contribute to overactive bladder?
- Q Overactive bladder is causing me emotional distress -- is this normal?
- Q What beverages may irritate my bladder?
- Q Do problems with walking and movement contribute to overactive bladder?