How does caffeine affect my bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Caffeine is believed to irritate the bladder and aggravate overactive bladder symptoms. According to a National Kidney Foundation survey, women who drank at least one cup of tea each day were more likely to show signs of frequency and urgency. While the study did not show a similar link to coffee, reducing caffeinated beverages from your diet may help reduce your overactive bladder symptoms.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Brynn and OAB
My Story: Brynn and OAB
People who are affected by overactive bladder (OAB) struggle with frequent and sometimes uncontrollable urges to urinate. In this video, Brynn shares ...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Certain treatments for prostate cancer may cause men to develop overactive bladder. One type of canc...
How often should I go to the doctor for a physical examination?
Dr. Talal N. Khan, MDDr. Talal N. Khan, MD
A preventive wellness visit is recommended once a year. It helps keep a relationship with your docto...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?