Is bed-wetting in children a sign of overactive bladder?

Overactive bladder is a cause of bed wetting for many preschool children. Children with overactive bladder urinate more than normal and may having daytime wetting accidents. Often, their bladder is just too small or makes too much urine. Daytime wetting may also be caused by a urinary tract infection or constipation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
Living with overactive bladder, or OAB, can make certain aspects of life challenging, but there are ways you can manage your symptoms. In this video, ...
What surgical options are available to treat overactive bladder?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
If minimally invasive procedures don’t work in the treatment of overactive bladder, the surgical opt...
Is there one definite cause of overactive bladder?
Kimberly L. Burgess, MDKimberly L. Burgess, MD
There is no single cause of an overactive bladder. Overactive bladder is defined as urinary urgency,...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?