What questions should I ask my doctor about an overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
If you are going to see a doctor about overactive bladder symptoms, make sure you ask about the cause of your symptoms and treatment options. Specifically, you may want to ask the following:
- What else could cause my symptoms?
- How long will my problem last?
- What tests do I need and how should I prepare for them?
- What are the treatments and side effects?
- Do I need to see a specialist?

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

What You Need to Know About Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Affecting an estimated 33 million Americans, overactive bladder (OAB), sometimes called urge incontinence, is the abrupt, strong need to urinate. It's...
Is there a connection between overactive bladder and prostate cancer?
Certain treatments for prostate cancer may cause men to develop overactive bladder. One type of canc...
How often should I go to the doctor for a physical examination?
Dr. Talal N. Khan, MDDr. Talal N. Khan, MD
A preventive wellness visit is recommended once a year. It helps keep a relationship with your docto...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?