Studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can negatively affect how the bladder works. People who drank beverages sweetened with artificial sweeteners had increased overactive bladder symptoms and incidents compared with those who drank beverages with sugar or unsweetened.
- Q How do problems of the nervous system contribute to overactive bladder?
- Q Why are some children at risk for a overactive bladder?
- Q What beverages may irritate my bladder?
- Q Are men prone to overactive bladder after prostate surgery?
- Q What foods can I eat to help reduce overactive bladder symptoms?
- Q Does drinking caffeine affect overactive bladder?