Studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can negatively affect how the bladder works. People who drank beverages sweetened with artificial sweeteners had increased overactive bladder symptoms and incidents compared with those who drank beverages with sugar or unsweetened.
- Q Why are the elderly more likely to develop overactive bladder?
- Q Does cigarette smoking contribute to overactive bladder?
- Q How does giving birth affect overactive bladder?
- Q Overactive bladder is causing me emotional distress -- is this normal?
- Q What beverages may irritate my bladder?
- Q Is there a link between nerve damage and overactive bladder?