Is anxiety about socializing normal with overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
If you suffer from overactive bladder, it is natural to feel anxiety about attending social activities because of leakage or wetting accidents. Constantly looking for bathrooms is an inconvenience, and the anxiety may cause you to withdraw from people. You may feel a great deal of distress, depression, and loss of self-esteem, too. Talk to your doctor or close friend about these concerns.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Brynn and OAB
My Story: Brynn and OAB
People who are affected by overactive bladder (OAB) struggle with frequent and sometimes uncontrollable urges to urinate. In this video, Brynn shares ...
Can doctors always figure out the cause of overactive bladder?
In some cases of overactive bladder, no apparent cause can be determined. This is known as idiop...
Is there one definite cause of overactive bladder?
Kimberly L. Burgess, MDKimberly L. Burgess, MD
There is no single cause of an overactive bladder. Overactive bladder is defined as urinary urgency,...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?