Will I need to adjust my activities due to overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
If you suffer from overactive bladder, many aspects of your life may be altered. You will use the toilet more frequently, so you will need to locate convenient restrooms everywhere you go. It may cause you to make frequent stops and change your plans. At home, you may want to use a bedpan or urinal for severe cases of overactive bladder. Travelling may be difficult due to concerns over possible urine leakage.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

5 Big Reasons You Pee So Much
5 Big Reasons You Pee So Much
Overactive bladder (OAB) affects approximately 33 million Americans, though the number of people suffering from symptoms is thought to be significantl...
Can doctors always figure out the cause of overactive bladder?
In some cases of overactive bladder, no apparent cause can be determined. This is known as idiop...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?