What activities can complicate treatment of overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
If you are undergoing treatment for overactive bladder, you should avoid activities that put too much stress or pressure on the bladder. Try to stay away from heavy lifting and strenuous sports. Also, be careful not to injure your spine. Maintain a proper weight and stop smoking. 

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
My Story: Kelly Jo and OAB
Living with overactive bladder, or OAB, can make certain aspects of life challenging, but there are ways you can manage your symptoms. In this video, ...
Is overactive bladder more common in women or men?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Various studies have shown that the prevalence of overactive bladder is either even in men and women...
How does interstitial cystitis affect overactive bladder?
It is not known how interstitial cystitis affects overactive bladder. Interstitial cystitis is a...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?