What activities should I avoid post-delivery to help my bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
After you deliver your baby, you should avoid strenuous activities that put more pressure on your bladder. Avoid heavy lifting and climbing stairs for a while to give your body a chance to heal. Also, consider pelvic exercises to tighten and strengthen the muscles.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

Is It Overactive Bladder or Something Else?
If you find yourself having to pee often, planning trips around bathroom access or getting up in the middle of the night to empty your bladder, you ma...
What is double voiding?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Double voiding is voiding a second time, 10 to 15 minutes after an initial time. This ensures that t...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?