What is an abdominal ultrasound for overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
An abdominal ultrasound or sonogram uses sound waves to create an image of your pelvis and surrounding areas. It can reveal any abnormalities or blockages. The doctor places a wand-like device over your stomach, and an image of your bladder is created on a computer screen from the sound waves generated. 

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
What is double voiding?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Double voiding is voiding a second time, 10 to 15 minutes after an initial time. This ensures that t...
Do certain foods worsen overactive bladder?
Certain foods can worsen overactive bladder. Some of the main offenders are acidic and citrus foods ...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?