Can I have children after my ovarian germ cell tumor treatments?

If your ovarian germ cell tumor is restricted to one ovary and your cancer is at an early stage, you may be able to have children after treatment. In this case, the doctor will only remove the affected ovary leaving the other ovary and uterus. If you have later stage disease that affects both ovaries, the doctor may have to remove both ovaries and your uterus, in which case you will not be able to become pregnant. If you have an ovarian germ cell tumor and you wish to become pregnant in the future, you should discuss treatment options with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Germ Cell

Are there different types of ovarian germ cell tumors?
Yes, there are several different types of ovarian germ cell tumors. Dysgerminomas account for 35-50 ...
What is the rate of incidence of ovarian germ cell tumors?
The age adjusted rate of incidence of ovarian germ cell tumors is 0.41 per 100,000. Dysgerminomas ar...
What is an ovarian germ cell tumor?
Ovarian germ cell tumors form when germ cells in the ovary become abnormal and begin to grow and div...
Are ovarian germ cell tumors serious?
Ovarian germ cell tumors can be serious, particularly when they are not diagnosed and treated early....