What factors increase my risk of ovarian cancer?

Diljeet K. Singh, MD
Gynecologic Oncology
Risk factors for ovarian cancer include a family history of cancer, being overweight, never taking birth control pills and never having been pregnant. Watch me discuss these factors, and how you can lower risk.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

If I've Been Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, What Should I Ask My Doctor?
Two important questions for your doctor: "What is your experience treating ovarian cancer?" and "What is your approach to treating it?" In this video,...
How is human epididymis protein 4 (HE4) related to ovarian cancer?
David A. Fishman, MDDavid A. Fishman, MD
Human epididymis protein 4 (HE4) is a protein that was first discovered in the distal epithelium...
What's the genetic risk of developing ovarian cancer?
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)
Inherited mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes account for approximately 10-15% of ovarian cancers...
What Are the Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?