What can I do if I feel overwhelmed by a cancer diagnosis?

If you feel overwhelmed by a cancer diagnosis, there are support groups for you and your loved ones. Here, you can meet and talk to people going through the same thing.

Dealing with cancer isn’t easy. It can be a rollercoaster of good days that feel like everything is fine, and bad days where you think things will never get better. You may feel sad and scared and angry, and that’s okay. These feelings are normal. Let yourself feel them. These feelings don't have to be hidden. Lean on family and friends if you need help.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

If I've Been Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, What Should I Ask My Doctor?
Two important questions for your doctor: "What is your experience treating ovarian cancer?" and "What is your approach to treating it?" In this video,...
What is the role of VEGF in ovarian cancer?
David A. Fishman, MDDavid A. Fishman, MD
The production of malignant ascites (fluid in the abdomen causing abdominal distension) seen in ...
How is apolipoprotein A1 (ApoA1) associated with ovarian cancer?
Apolipoprotein A1 (ApoA1) is one of the constituents of the cholesterol removing high-density li...
What Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer Can Be Mistaken for Other Things?