What genes may trigger the development of clear cell ovarian cancer?

New research based on a mouse model of clear cell ovarian cancer has helped to identify two mutated genes -- ARID1A and PIK3CA -- whose interaction appears to trigger, then hasten, the development of the cancer. The model accurately portrays the disease as it occurs in humans, and is a potential route to better treatments and much-needed diagnostic screens.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

What Every Woman Must Know About Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the eighth most common cancer, and fifth-leading cause of cancer death among U.S. women. The good news: If treated early, the 5-year...
What can I do if I feel overwhelmed by a cancer diagnosis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you feel overwhelmed by a cancer diagnosis, there are support groups for you and your loved ones....
What are the symptoms of ovarian cancer?
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)
Symptoms of ovarian cancer can be vague and not always gynecologic, such as: a swollen or bloated...
Why Is Ovarian Cancer Referred to As the Disease That Whispers?