Will I be able to have children again after my ovarian cancer treatments?

Ovarian cancer is usually treated with a combination of surgery and chemotherapy. Often, this form of cancer is not diagnosed until it has already become invasive and spread. In this case the doctor may have to remove both ovaries and your uterus. However, in younger patients who have early stage disease, removal of one ovary with preservation of fertility may be possible.

Continue Learning about Ovarian Cancer

7 Things To Know About Ovarian Cancer
7 Things To Know About Ovarian Cancer
We’ve heard a fair amount about ovarian cancer in the past year or so -- from the death of Pierce Brosnan’s daughter to Angelina Jolie’s consideration...
Where does ovarian cancer begin?
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF)
The beginning location of ovarian cancer has eluded doctors. Scientists attempting to track down ear...
What factors affect the prognosis of ovarian cancer?
Your age, your general health, and the stage of your tumor all affect prognosis in ovarian cancer. T...
What Are the Causes of Ovarian Cancer?
What Are the Causes of Ovarian Cancer?