What can an audiologist do for my otosclerosis?

An audiologist can help test for and treat your otosclerosis. An audiologist is the person who is trained to administer hearing tests. These tests can help show what kind and what degree of hearing loss you may have. Audiologists can also fit, and help you make your choice of hearing aid because they understand the differences in people's hearing losses. An audiologist may help you learn about other ways you can treat any hearing impairment you may have. they can also help you learn about things you can do in your daily life to cope with hearing loss.

Continue Learning about Otosclerosis

What do I need to know about caring for someone with otosclerosis?
If the person does not have much hearing loss, you may not need to do anything. If hearing loss is i...
Can otosclerosis be prevented?
Otosclerosis cannot be prevented; the genetic link to developing otosclerosis means that people are ...
Is there more than one kind of tinnitus with otosclerosis?
There are two main types of tinnitus: subjective and objective. People with subjective tinnitus are ...
What causes otosclerosis?
Although it isn't fully known why people get otosclerosis, there are several factors that are known ...