Should I talk to my doctor about my otosclerosis symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms of otosclerosis, you should talk to your doctor. You will likely be referred to an otolaryngologist, an otologist, or an audiologist for an evaluation. It's important to mention that you think you might have otosclerosis, especially if you have a family history of the disease. This is because hearing loss, dizziness, and earaches can have many different causes. If you are pregnant and notice your hearing loss suddenly getting worse, you should see your doctor as soon as you can. Seeing your doctor early means that your otosclerosis can be treated, which may help preserve more of your hearing.

Continue Learning about Otosclerosis

Did I get otosclerosis from repeated ear infections?
Although the cause of otosclerosis isn't fully known, you most likely did not get otosclerosis from ...
Can otosclerosis be prevented?
Otosclerosis cannot be prevented; the genetic link to developing otosclerosis means that people are ...
Is there more than one kind of tinnitus with otosclerosis?
There are two main types of tinnitus: subjective and objective. People with subjective tinnitus are ...
Who gets otosclerosis?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Otosclerosis is usually first detected in the young adult years when the hearing loss first develops...