How does otosclerosis affect the body?

Otosclerosis may cause hearing loss and earaches. While otosclerosis mainly affects your middle and inner ear, the symptoms of otosclerosis can also affect other areas of your body. For example, people with otosclerosis may experience tinnitus (a ringing, buzzing, or clicking in the ears); this may make them feel depressed or anxious. It can be hard to concentrate or sleep when you have tinnitus. People with otosclerosis may also have difficulty keeping their balance.

Continue Learning about Otosclerosis

Can otosclerosis be prevented?
Otosclerosis cannot be prevented; the genetic link to developing otosclerosis means that people are ...
Did I get otosclerosis from repeated ear infections?
Although the cause of otosclerosis isn't fully known, you most likely did not get otosclerosis from ...
Is there more than one kind of tinnitus with otosclerosis?
There are two main types of tinnitus: subjective and objective. People with subjective tinnitus are ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with otosclerosis?
If the person does not have much hearing loss, you may not need to do anything. If hearing loss is i...