What is ciprofloxacin-dexamethasone?

Ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone, or Ciprodex, is a combination drug to treat ear infections and reduce swelling in the ear. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic, and the dexamethasone is an anti-inflammatory, or corticosteroid. They are both put together in a liquid suspension that can be dropped in the ear. It is used to treat both adults and children.

Continue Learning about Otic Agent

How are corticosteroids used to treat Crohn's disease?
Corticosteroids are recommended to treat active disease in most people with Crohn's disease. They ma...
What should I know before getting corticosteroid injections into my joints?
If you are pregnant, may be pregnant, or thinking of becoming pregnant, be aware that when corticost...
How are corticosteroids used to treat ulcerative colitis?
While aminosalicylates are usually the first choice, corticosteroid suppositories or enemas are ofte...
What should I know before taking corticosteroids?
If you have diabetes, be aware that corticosteroids may decrease glucose tolerance and raise blood s...