Can I stop taking ofloxacin when I feel better?

You should not stop taking ofloxacin until you finish with the entire prescription. If you stop taking it too soon, your infection may return and become more resistant to antibiotics. That means it may last longer and be harder to treat this time. Follow the directions and take every dose as prescribed. Call your doctor if you have any severe symptoms or pain that would cause you to stop taking ofloxacin.

Continue Learning about Otic Agent

What are corticosteroid injections into joints for?
Injections of a corticosteroid into a joint are done mainly for people with 1 or 2 inflamed joints t...
What should I know before taking corticosteroids?
If you have diabetes, be aware that corticosteroids may decrease glucose tolerance and raise blood s...
How effective are corticosteroids in treating inflammatory bowel disease?
About 40% of people with IBD treated with a corticosteroid improve within 1 to 2 weeks. When the dos...
What are the side effects of corticosteroid nasal sprays?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
The most common reported side effect of corticosteroid nasal sprays is headache. Less than 10 percen...