What should I know about Cerumenex before taking it?

Cerumenex is no longer available in the United States.

Cerumenex should not be used for routine cleaning of wax from the ear canal. It is a prescription medication that is used to clear the ear canal for a hearing test, ear exam, or treatment. Cerumenex should not be applied to the outside of the ear or to the eyes. Wash the skin outside the ear canal with soap and water wherever the medication touches, or flush the eyes with water. Cerumenex should not be left in the ear for longer than 20 minutes. Tell your doctor if you have a perforated ear drum or an ear infection before using cerumenex. Pregnant and breast-feeding women should discuss with their doctor the risks and benefits of using cerumenex. Some people may suffer an allergic reaction to Cerumenex.

Continue Learning about Otic Agent

How are corticosteroids used to treat Crohn's disease?
Corticosteroids are recommended to treat active disease in most people with Crohn's disease. They ma...
How do corticosteroid injections into joints treat osteoarthritis?
Corticosteroid injections into arthritic joints may provide pain relief for up to 4 weeks, and somet...
What should I know before taking corticosteroids?
If you have diabetes, be aware that corticosteroids may decrease glucose tolerance and raise blood s...
What should I know before using a corticosteroid nasal spray?
If you have an ocular herpes simplex infection, an intranasal corticosteroid may not be a good optio...