How soon does ciprofloxacin-hydrocortisone start working?

Ciprofloxacin-hydrocortisone for the ear(s), or Cipro HC, will start killing bacteria and decreasing swelling immediately. It takes time for it to work and for the infection to resolve, however. You should start to feel better as soon as a few days after you begin using it, but this does not mean you should stop. It is very important to complete the entire prescription. Call your doctor if you do not get better after one week.

Continue Learning about Otic Agent

Do oral corticosteroids interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, corticosteroids can lead to side effects and sho...
What are corticosteroid injections into joints for?
Injections of a corticosteroid into a joint are done mainly for people with 1 or 2 inflamed joints t...
How do injectable corticosteroids for joints treat psoriatic arthritis?
Corticosteroid injections can help reduce symptoms of inflamed joints for people with psoriatic arth...
What should I know before getting corticosteroid injections into my joints?
If you are pregnant, may be pregnant, or thinking of becoming pregnant, be aware that when corticost...