What are the treatments for medically unexplained syndromes?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Since there is no cure for most medically unexplained syndromes, you want to treat the symptoms. One treatment method consists of regular, balanced exercise designed to alleviate pain and fatigue, improve function, decrease stress and enhance quality of life. Cognitive behavior therapy teaches you better techniques to cope with symptoms and your condition. Some of these may include meditation and relaxation techniques.

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

What should I do when doctors can't find my problem?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
First, be sure you've consulted with the right doctors, and then consider that you may have medicall...
How do I start an exercise program for a medically unexplained syndrome?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
To start a pain management exercise program, first visit your doctor to make sure you are ready for ...
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?