What is comorbidity?

Comorbidity is the term used when two or more illnesses occur in a single person. These conditions can happen at the same time or one after the other. Comorbidity can also describe interactions between the illnesses that can worsen the course of both.
Arif A. Karim, MD
Neurology
Comorbidity is having two disorders at the same time that are linked -- usually a mental health issue in combination with an addiction problem. In this video, I will explain the concept of dual diagnosis and its complications. 

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

Why am I always tired?
In our hustle-and-bustle world, it is common to feel stressed and endlessly tired -- even exhausted....
Do digital devices affect our health?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Other than the question of the impact on quality of life, there is little scientific research to pro...
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?