What are the benefits of exercise for a medically unexplained syndrome?

Exercise may be the best way to prevent the onset of pain. Being physically active will help increase bone density, increase flexibility, and decrease stress. Being active may help decrease blood pressure, cholesterol, and the risk of many heart diseases. By staying active, you are helping your body live long and live strong!

Exercise lowers blood pressure, improves hormone levels, decreases general pain and fatigue, and decreases other risks associated with chronic disease. Although there is no current research concerning the effects exercise has on medically unexplained syndrome; the positive effects of exercise on health may certainly transfer to this on a case by case basis. If you have a medically unexplained syndrome, speak to your doctor about starting an exercise program first.

There are countless benefits of regular exercise related to controlling pain. Most notably, regular physical activity and exercise decreases pain and fatigue, lowers your blood pressure and decreases your risk of heart disease and stroke.  It improves your sleep, decreases anxiety and just makes you feel better overall.

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

What is comorbidity?
Comorbidity is the term used when two or more illnesses occur in a single person. These conditions c...
What is an LTACH?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Healthcare loves acronyms almost as much as our military or our government.  Hence terms like LTAC...
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?