There are several treatment options for removing bezoars. If your bezoar is causing symptoms and will not pass on its own, your doctor will suggest methods to help it break down so it can pass through your body. Your doctor may suggest that you try a liquid diet to help pass your bezoar. You may also need to or drink cellulase or meat tenderizer mixed with liquid to help break down your bezoar. In addition, your doctor may manually break up your bezoar with a laser or forceps. If your bezoar is large, your doctor may surgically remove it.
- Q What causes bezoars?
- Q How do I start an exercise program for a medically unexplained syndrome?
- Q What are the rarest diseases?
- Q Why are morning TV shows harmful to my health?
- Q Can I have more than one medically unexplained symptom?
- Q What are secondary symptoms of a disease?