There are several treatment options for removing bezoars. If your bezoar is causing symptoms and will not pass on its own, your doctor will suggest methods to help it break down so it can pass through your body. Your doctor may suggest that you try a liquid diet to help pass your bezoar. You may also need to or drink cellulase or meat tenderizer mixed with liquid to help break down your bezoar. In addition, your doctor may manually break up your bezoar with a laser or forceps. If your bezoar is large, your doctor may surgically remove it.
- Q What are some health-related gift ideas?
- Q Do African-Americans have a lower-than-average life expectancy?
- Q Why are morning TV shows harmful to my health?
- Q How can I calculate my child’s weight in kilograms?
- Q What equipment should my dentist have?
- Q What are the treatments for medically unexplained syndromes?