What are some diseases my pet can give me?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
Other diseases that can do harm if they are transmitted from your pet or your farm animals to you include ringworm and roundworm, which are also found in animal stool. Salmonellosis, which is the same bacteria that can be found in contaminated food, can also be transmitted through an infected animal’s excretions. Scabies are an itch mite that can be transmitted from affected pets and farm animals to humans through dander, fur, or skin contact.

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

What is the sodium-potassium pump?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
More than 95% of the potassium in the body is found within cells. In contrast, most of the sodium in...
What are medically unexplained symptoms?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Medically unexplained symptoms refer to the generic health symptoms that remain undiagnosed after co...
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?