Is strontium citrate safe and effective?

Scott Pullen
Scott Pullen on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
Yes. The element strontium may conjure up images of radioactive isotopes from radioactive fallout in the 50s, but elementally stable strontium is used in toothpaste for sensitive teeth, to treat bone pain and in the treatment of osteoporosis. It is safe in supplemental intake levels of up to 680mg of the element/day.

Continue Learning about Osteoporosis Treatment

What Is the Effect of the Ornish Diet on Osteoporosis?
If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, you know the weakening of bones increases the likelihood of getting a fracture. In the United States, mo...
What are bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
For years, a group of medications known as bisphosphonates have been the first choice of doctors...
Should I tell my dentist that I'm taking bisphosphonates for osteoporosis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If your physician prescribes an oral bisphosphonate, it is important to tell your dentist so tha...
Osteoporosis Drugs May Also Fight Cancer