Is strontium citrate safe and effective?

Scott Pullen
Scott Pullen on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
Yes. The element strontium may conjure up images of radioactive isotopes from radioactive fallout in the 50s, but elementally stable strontium is used in toothpaste for sensitive teeth, to treat bone pain and in the treatment of osteoporosis. It is safe in supplemental intake levels of up to 680mg of the element/day.

Continue Learning about Osteoporosis Treatment

What Is the Effect of the Ornish Diet on Osteoporosis?
If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, you know the weakening of bones increases the likelihood of getting a fracture. In the United States, mo...
Do bisphosphonates need to be taken forever to treat osteoporosis?
Bisphosphonates used to treat osteoporosis can slow down the breakdown of bone and sometimes improve...
Can I get rid of osteoporosis with changes to my diet?
No, but once you have a diagnosis of osteoporosis you can slow down further loss of bone by foll...
What Are Natural Treatments for Osteoporosis?