What are the warning signs for osteoporosis in the back?

Harris H. McIlwain, MD
Rheumatology
While other back problems may have early warning signs, often osteoporosis is not detected until a fracture happens. Osteoporosis can be detected early - before fractures - with a simple bone density test.
Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain, Sleep Better and Feel Great in 21 Days, ADA...sound nutritional advice...do-able, delicious..a godsend to pain sufferers.

Do you wake up each morning aching with joint or muscle pain? Have you been trying to lose stubborn belly fat for years? Do you wish you could be active without pain medications? Look no further:...

Continue Learning about Osteoporosis Symptoms

How does osteoporosis affect men?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
About 25 percent of osteoporosis and fractures happen in men, including hip and spine fractures....
Does a fracture from a simple fall mean I have osteoporosis?
A simple fall that results in a fracture is the most telling sign that you may have osteoporosis, sa...
How can I know if I have osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis has few symptoms in midlife. It is estimated that less than 10% of people who have ...
What are the symptoms of osteoporosis?
As your bones first become weaker, you will probably not have any symptoms. Once your bones are weak...