Can caffeine cause osteoporosis?

Studies show that caffeine might contribute to osteoporosis. As few as two cups a day of caffeinated coffee have been found to weaken bone and increase the risk of fractures. To counteract this effect, add more calcium to your diet or drink one cup of milk per cup of coffee.
The Osteoporosis Cure: Reverse the Crippling Effects With New Treatments

Once considered a progressive, incurable disease, osteoporosis can be prevented and/or treated in both early and later stages thanks to recent breakthroughs and medical developments. Now a medical...

Continue Learning about Osteoporosis Causes & Risks

What increases my risk for osteoporosis?
There are many risk factors for osteoporosis. There are some that do not have a clear mechanism for ...
How do my age, gender, and hormones affect my risk of bone loss?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
After age 35 or later, our bodies lose bone mass faster than it is built. This happens in both g...
Does having diabetes increase my risk of osteoporosis?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Diabetes mellitus may increase the risk of osteoporosis. If you have other risk factors, such as...
The Link Between Sleep Apnea and Osteoporosis