Should I talk to my doctor about my osteonecrosis symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you have any concerns that you may be suffering from osteonecrosis. Explain how long you have been experiencing symptoms, where you feel the pain, and if you have had any previous joint injuries. The doctor will also need to know if you have any other long-term or hereditary illnesses. You should also tell the doctor if you are taking any medications or dietary supplements.

Continue Learning about Osteonecrosis

What increases the risk for osteonecrosis?
One of the two main risk factors for non-injury-related osteonecrosis is the long-term use of cortic...
What is avascular necrosis of the lunate?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Avascular necrosis is caused by a previous acute injury to the wrist that may have gone untreate...
What is my risk for osteonecrosis if I take an oral bisphosphonate?
The American Dental Association has reported that the risk of developing osteonecrosis from taking o...
What is osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis)?
Francisco J. Borja, MDFrancisco J. Borja, MD
Avascular necrosis, also known as osteonecrosis, is a painful condition that occurs when the blood s...