How do I manage my osteonecrosis on a daily basis?

You can manage the symptoms of osteonecrosis on a daily basis by using prescription non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and bisphosphonate medications. You can also use gentle exercises on the joints to reduce stiffness and improve mobility. You should also ensure that you are getting plenty of rest.

Continue Learning about Osteonecrosis

What causes osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis)?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Avascular necrosis (or osteonecrosis) is defined as a lack of blood flow which causes tissue death. ...
How does osteonecrosis affect the body?
The reduced blood supply to the bones caused by osteonecrosis causes bone tissue to die. This often ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my osteonecrosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you have any concerns that you may be suffering from osteonecrosis...
What are the symptoms of osteonecrosis?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages of osteonecrosis. Over a period of months, as bones beg...