What are the symptoms of osteomalacia?

Symptoms of osteomalacia will worsen as the condition progresses. Common symptoms of osteomalacia may include:

• muscle weakness;
  • achiness in the bones in the spine, legs, and pelvis;
  • difficulty moving around;
  • bowing of the bones.

Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Osteomalacia

What is osteomalacia?
Osteomalacia is a bone disorder in adults, similar to rickets in children. It is caused by a lack of...
How do I manage my osteomalacia on a daily basis?
Depending upon the levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus in your body, you may need to take d...
How do medications treat osteomalacia?
Oral supplements or injections of vitamin D can help to restore proper levels of vitamin D in the bo...
How does osteomalacia affect the body?
Osteomalacia causes the bones to become soft, which can lead to pain and bone deformity. Bones need ...