How do medications treat osteomalacia?

Oral supplements or injections of vitamin D can help to restore proper levels of vitamin D in the body. As levels of vitamin D build up in the body, bones begin to absorb more calcium and phosphorous. Bones use the calcium and phosphorus to grow strong.

Continue Learning about Osteomalacia

What are the treatment options for osteomalacia?
The most common treatment for osteomalacia is to work on increasing the levels of vitamin D in the b...
What is osteomalacia?
Osteomalacia is a bone disorder in adults, similar to rickets in children. It is caused by a lack of...
How does osteomalacia affect the body?
Osteomalacia causes the bones to become soft, which can lead to pain and bone deformity. Bones need ...
How do I manage my osteomalacia on a daily basis?
Depending upon the levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus in your body, you may need to take d...