How do I manage my osteomalacia on a daily basis?

Depending upon the levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus in your body, you may need to take daily vitamin supplements to manage your osteomalacia. Your doctor may also prescribe more time in the sun. During this time, care should be taken to avoid activities that can result in bone fractures or breaks.

Continue Learning about Osteomalacia

How does osteomalacia affect the body?
Osteomalacia causes the bones to become soft, which can lead to pain and bone deformity. Bones need ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my osteomalacia symptoms?
Talk to your doctor about achiness in your bones as well as any changes in your muscle mass or your ...
What is adult rickets?
Adult rickets, or osteomalacia, is a bone weakness caused by a vitamin D deficiency, much like the c...
How do medications treat osteomalacia?
Oral supplements or injections of vitamin D can help to restore proper levels of vitamin D in the bo...