How do I manage my osteomalacia on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Depending upon the levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus in your body, you may need to take daily vitamin supplements to manage your osteomalacia. Your doctor may also prescribe more time in the sun. During this time, care should be taken to avoid activities that can result in bone fractures or breaks.

Continue Learning about Osteomalacia

Should I talk to my doctor about my osteomalacia symptoms?
Talk to your doctor about achiness in your bones as well as any changes in your muscle mass or your ...
How do medications treat osteomalacia?
Oral supplements or injections of vitamin D can help to restore proper levels of vitamin D in the bo...
What is adult rickets?
Adult rickets, or osteomalacia, is a bone weakness caused by a vitamin D deficiency, much like the c...
Are there alternative treatments for osteomalacia?
To treat the vitamin D deficiency that leads to osteomalacia, your doctor may prescribe more time in...