How can osteoarthritis affect children?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Osteoarthritis can affect children and teens in the form of juvenile arthritis. This is a problem in which the immune system attacks the body's own joints. Juvenile arthritis is a form of rheumatoid arthritis. Although it has no cure and can be painful, it can be treated successfully, and children can lead a long, full life.

Continue Learning about Osteoarthritis

Osteoarthritis Symptoms Journal
Osteoarthritis Symptoms Journal
What's going on with your body? Are your arthritis symptoms getting better or worse? If you have osteoarthritis, it's important to listen up and pay c...
Is osteoarthritis the same as arthritis?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis, which is defined as an inflammation of the joint. There are m...
Thinking About Knee Surgery? 6 Things to Try First
Thinking About Knee Surgery? 6 Things to Try FirstThinking About Knee Surgery? 6 Things to Try FirstThinking About Knee Surgery? 6 Things to Try FirstThinking About Knee Surgery? 6 Things to Try First
Therapies and tips to help you avoid the surgeon's knife.
I Have Been Diagnosed with Osteoarthritis - Now What?