Is osteoarthritis the same as arthritis?

Osteoarthritis is only one kind of arthritis. Arthritis is the broad name given to any inflammatory joint disease. Rheumatoid arthritis and some other forms of arthritis are not diseases as associated with aging, but rather auto-immune disorders, in which antibodies attack your cartilage, which is what triggers that inflammation and joint pain.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Osteoarthritis

I Have Been Diagnosed with Osteoarthritis - Now What?
What Is Osteoarthritis?
What Is Osteoarthritis?
If Diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of the Knee, What Can I Do to Keep it from Getting Worse?
How Does Osteoarthritis Affect the Knees?