Will getting an orthodontic mouth guard hurt?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Getting a mouth guard fitted merely requires the patient to endure a 60 second impression. Although weird and a little uncomfortable, most impressions do not hurt.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Am I too old to get braces?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
The most common age for getting braces is 11 to 12. However, Dante Gonzales, DMD, explains in this v...
What are orthodontics and orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics is the oldest specialty of dentistry. Its focus is on correcting misaligned teeth and j...
What tools can help me keep my braces and teeth clean?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the best tools for cleaning around braces is a water flosser. A water flosser with a speciali...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...