Will getting ClearCorrect braces hurt?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Teeth move when pressure is placed upon them. It doesn't matter if that pressure comes from metal braces, clear braces, aligners, or even fingers in the mouth. The process of moving a tooth induces inflammation around the tooth being moved. That is what causes the discomfort associated with getting your braces "tightened." ClearCorrect is a clear plastic aligner system like Invisalign that moves teeth by placing pressure on the teeth to be moved. The teeth cannot tell what is being used to generate the pressure, so YES your teeth will be uncomfortable for a day or two every time you insert a new aligner.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...