Can I use orthodontic cervical headgear if I am pregnant?

You can usually wear orthodontic cervical headgear while pregnant. Before undergoing any orthodontic work during pregnancy, talk to your orthodontist.

Pregnant women are particularly susceptible to gum disease, and women with gum disease are more likely to have premature babies. Proper dental hygiene is a key factor in maintaining gum health, and orthodontic cervical headgear can make it harder to clean your teeth, thereby increasing your risk of gum disease.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...
How do I know if invisaligns are right for me?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Invisaligns are right for you if: Your condition involves tipping or rotation of teeth. Think of...
How do braces and retainers work?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
To put it simply, braces and retainers are 2 kinds of orthodontic appliances that place pressure on ...