When should I call the orthodontist after getting ClearCorrect braces?

Call your orthodontist if you have irritation that might stem from an allergic reaction to the ClearConnect plastic aligner tray.

Call your orthodontist if you have tooth pain. ClearCorrect braces may aggravate a previous tooth condition or cause problems with crowns and bridges, requiring more dental treatment. Call your orthodontist if you lose (or swallow) your aligner. Your orthodontist can order replacement aligners, often at no cost to you.

It is not necessary to call your orthodontist if you have gum and tooth soreness; this soreness, which is normal, simply means that your teeth are moving.

It may take some time for your mouth to adjust to having the aligner trays in, and this can affect your speech; you don't need to call your orthodontist about this. You also do not need to call your orthodontist if the trays cause your mouth to produce more saliva initially or if you experience tooth sensitivity when the aligners are changed.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
If you are having your teeth moved for any length of time, chances are you are going to have an orthodontic emergency. These emergencies can be in the form of trauma to the mouth, clear "attachments" that come loose, or teeth moving where they shouldn't. If you feel that there is something going on with your teeth during treatment that shouldn't be, give your orthodontist a call. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do orthodontists charge more than dentists?
Gregory R. Cannizzo, DDSGregory R. Cannizzo, DDS
According to a recent survey by a dental web site their results from this same question found that C...
How do braces and retainers work?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
To put it simply, braces and retainers are 2 kinds of orthodontic appliances that place pressure on ...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
Can I wear braces if I'm pregnant?
Because women who are pregnant may experience sensitive teeth and gums, braces may add to this disco...