When should I call the orthodontist after getting clear braces?

You should call your orthodontist after getting clear braces if you have any of the following problems:

• poking metal ties
  • wires hanging out
  • missing elastic ties
  • loose or broken brackets
  • loose bands
  • damage from an injury
  • pain that won't go away
  • mouth sores or ulcers

Your orthodontist will be able to treat or repair these problems.

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
If you are having your teeth moved for any length of time, chances are you are going to have an orthodontic emergency. These emergencies can be in the form of trauma to the mouth, loose braces or wires, teeth moving where they shouldn't, or spaces appearing where weren't before. If you feel that there is something going on with your teeth during treatment that shouldn't be, give your orthodontist a call. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Why is orthodontic treatment important?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontic treatment is important in order to establish a proper bite and a proper alignment of the...
Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
How can early orthodontic treatment help my child's self-esteem?
Early, or Phase I, orthodontic treatment can help correct problems like severe crowding, teeth that ...