What do titanium braces treat?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Braces (officially known as orthodontic appliances) are used to straighten your teeth. They work by placing precise forces on the teeth that move them from where they are to where you and your orthodontist want them to be. Braces can be made out of many materials including stainless steel, porcelain, plastic, and titanium. The teeth can't tell what the braces are made of and so they all function about the same.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
There are many questions you should ask before purchasing an orthodontic treatment plan, such as the...
What are orthodontic braces made of?
Orthodontic braces are made of non-magnetized materials of different types, including plastic, metal...
What are the benefits of braces?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
In addition to the obvious cosmetic improvement of your teeth and smile, straighter teeth are easier...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...