What are the risks of getting ClearCorrect braces?

There are general risks involved with any orthodontic care, especially for people with gum disease. This is because the bones supporting their teeth could be frail and this could lead to tooth loss. Some orthodontists do not use aligners such as ClearCorrect because of a belief that they do not work as well as traditional braces, especially on severely crooked teeth or misaligned bites. It's best to check with your dentist about any specific risks that are related to using ClearCorrect braces to fix your teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
How do braces and retainers work?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
To put it simply, braces and retainers are 2 kinds of orthodontic appliances that place pressure on ...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...