What are the risks of getting ClearCorrect braces?

There are general risks involved with any orthodontic care, especially for people with gum disease. This is because the bones supporting their teeth could be frail and this could lead to tooth loss. Some orthodontists do not use aligners such as ClearCorrect because of a belief that they do not work as well as traditional braces, especially on severely crooked teeth or misaligned bites. It's best to check with your dentist about any specific risks that are related to using ClearCorrect braces to fix your teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What dental problems can a bad bite cause?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Correcting a malocclusion (bad bite) can result in better oral health because crooked and crowde...
Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Age is usually not the major factor in planning orthodontic treatment, but of more importance is the...
What is a space maintainer?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
One frequently overlooked role of the primary teeth is that they preserve space for the permanent te...
When shopping for braces, what should I ask?
I think the most important questions you can ask are these three:What does the orthodontist propose?...