What are the risks of getting clear braces?

The risks of getting clear braces depend upon your oral health history. Your previous history of periodontal (gum) disease may put you at risk for tooth or bone loss during treatment. You may also have an increased risk of shortened roots (root resorption) while wearing clear braces. In addition, any allergies you may have to metal or latex might interfere with your treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic treatment not only makes your smile look better, it also make the teeth easier to care f...
What tests can determine if I need to be treated for crooked teeth?
A dentist can conduct a routine examination of your mouth to tell if you need treatment for croo...