What kind of oral care will I need to do once I get clear braces?

Once you get clear braces, good oral care is essential to the success of your treatment. if you don't take care of your mouth and teeth, you may discover stains on your teeth when the braces are removed. If you get ceramic or plastic brackets, remember that food can get trapped between the spaces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily. Your orthodontist can show you how to carefully clean between and around your braces. If you get clear plastic aligners, remove the trays before brushing and flossing your teeth.  

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Are antimicrobial rinses okay if I wear braces?
If you wear braces, antimicrobial or antibacterial rinses might only be okay if you are an adult. Th...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
How can early orthodontic treatment help my child's self-esteem?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Early, or Phase I, orthodontic treatment can help correct problems like severe crowding, teeth that ...
How do I take care of my teeth if I have braces?
Braces can be dislodged by chewing hard foods or candy, or even chewing on things like pencils. It i...