What type of material is a clear plastic dental retainer made of?

A clear plastic dental retainer is made of plastic and metal wire. Some newer retainers feature clear wire instead of metal, so that it blends in better with the teeth.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...
Are braces magnetized?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontic braces can be constructed out of many different materials: plastic, crystal, porcelain, ...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...