What will happen to my teeth if I don't get invisible (lingual) braces?

If you don't get invisible (lingual) braces, or metal brackets attached to the back of your teeth, your teeth may shift and worsen. Overcrowded and crooked teeth are harder to clean. Jaw and alignment problems can become more severe, making it hard for you to chew and talk. Bacteria and food can get trapped between the teeth, increasing your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. If you don't get invisible braces, talk to an orthodontist about other types of braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Do I have to see my dentist if I am also seeing my orthodontist?
Katherine T. Vo, DDSKatherine T. Vo, DDS
Yes, you do have to see your general dentist while going through treatment with your orthodontist. I...
What if I get a canker sore while wearing braces?
Canker sores are common while wearing braces. Cankers are sores that develop on the gums or inside t...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Braces, also called orthodontics, can improve the appearance of teeth in both children and in adults...