What could happen to my teeth if I choose not to get Invisalign braces?

If you don't get Invisalign braces, or clear aligner trays, your teeth may shift and worsen. Overcrowded and crooked teeth are harder to clean. Jaw and alignment problems can become more severe, making it hard for you to chew and talk. Bacteria and food can get trapped between the teeth, increasing your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. If you don't get Invisalign braces, talk to an orthodontist about other types of braces.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

What dental problems can a bad bite cause?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Correcting a malocclusion (bad bite) can result in better oral health because crooked and crowde...
What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...
What are orthodontics and orthodontic treatment?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialty of dentistry. Its focus is on correcting misaligned teeth and j...
What is malocclusion of the teeth?
Dan JenkinsDan Jenkins
Malocclusion, (literally, unhealthy-bite), can be caused by underdevelopment of the jaws that hold t...