What could happen to my child's teeth if they don't get metal braces?

If your child doesn't get metal braces, her teeth may shift, making them harder to clean. Bacteria and food can get trapped between the teeth, making your child more susceptible to gum disease and tooth decay. Crooked and overcrowded teeth could make it hard for your child to chew and talk. If your child doesn't get metal braces, talk to an orthodontist about other types of braces. 

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...
How do braces and retainers work?
Miriam T. FurlongMiriam T. Furlong
To put it simply, braces and retainers are 2 kinds of orthodontic appliances that place pressure on ...
What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...